Thursday, January 21, 2010

This week's cool shows: U.S. Christmas and more!




Thanks to Grayson for informing me about this show and this band, because both totally slipped under my radar. I hadn't heard of Marion N.C.'s U.S. Christmas before, but the fact that they've been supporting Baroness, one of my new favorite bands, means I probably need to check this show out. They'll be at Nightlight on Friday with Curtains of Night and Caltrop. 


But if prog metal isn't your thing, you have plenty of other options for the weekend, including Old Ceremony at the Pour House (Friday), Hearts & Daggers CD Release w/ John Howie & The Rosewood Bluffs at Tir na Nog (also Friday) The big Hope for Haiti concert at the Cradle with Bipolar Bears, Kick the Future and the Moaners (Saturday) and the Karaoke for Cy eventat Bull McCabe's (Saturday). Finally, rounding out the weekend with some jazz, Peter Lamb and the Wolves will be at Marsh Woodwinds on Sunday. 

1 comment:

how to ollie said...

I like your writing style. Nice blog.