Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cool shows this week: House of Fools and more

OK, so Greensboro's House of Fools might be a little jammier than many of my readers will like, but if your tastes run toward The Allman Brothers, you really should check them out. They'll be at the Pour House on Thursday. And I don't know what that photo has to do with the band, but it's really cool, and it's on their Myspace, so I included it here.

Other cool shows include Holy Ghost Tent Revival tonight, also at the Pour House, The Moaners at The Cave on Friday and at Slim's with Chip Robinson on Saturday, and Lonnie Walker at the Berkeley on Saturday. There's also the big two-day Drive By Truckers Valentines Weekend special at Lincoln Theatre this Friday and Saturday.

Finally, in other non-local band news, I have to say I'm really looking forward to The Screaming Females next Saturday at Duke Coffeehouse. Today I got a copy of their latest release - including the best and most rockin' cover of Cortez the Killer I've ever heard -   and am giving it a listen right now. Will post an .mp3 soon.

No comments: