Sunday, June 10, 2012

Photos of Witch Mountain, Lord Dying and Hog

 (Witch Mountain)

(Witch Mountain)

(Lord Dying)


(Hog)

(Hog)

It's no secret I was ambivalent about seeing Witch Mountain, Lord Dying and Hog from Wednesday, June 6, at  Kings. Hog rocks, and I rarely miss an opportunity to see them. I had checked out Portland's Lord Dying and was excited about them as well. But Witch Mountain? I've been struggling with them for a while now. The best I can describe it is when you meet a really hot guy (or girl), who is really sexy, intelligent,  enjoys all the activities you do, and seems to be into you, and the best you can muster up for them is "meh." So many people messaged me to tell me how much I would love Witch Mountain, but when I heard them, they just didn't do anything for me. All the elements were there, but it just didn't click.

But because I thought that it might click if checked them out live, and I knew that I liked both Hog and Lord Dying, I decided to give this show a chance, and I'm glad I did. Hog and Lord Dying lived up to expectations, and Witch Mountain sounded great. Singer Uta Plotkin's voice (the main thing about WM that I couldn't quite get past) sounded powerful. The show was pretty sparsely attended, so I give them major kudos for going out and putting on a good show to a small audience.  See more photos

No comments: