Monday, June 11, 2007

Red Fang and The Fucking Champs

I'll just go ahead and say it: Red Fang blew away both Birds of Avalon and The Fucking Champs Saturday at The Pour House. If you're not familiar with them, Red Fang is from Portland, Ore., but includes former locals David Sullivan (Shiny Beast) on guitar and John Sherman (Mercury Birds) on drums. They make really heavy stoner rock that doesn't get too mired in sludge. Check out the video.

Red Fang from Mann's World on Vimeo.

I got BOA during the Kings closing, so I skipped them this time. As for TFC, as I've said before, I can really take or leave them. A lot of their stuff I love, and a lot of goes in one ear and out the other. Still, for the hardcore fans, here is a video.

the Fucking Champs from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: