Friday, July 13, 2007

Videos of Justin Townes Earle and Jason Isbell

Justin Townes Earle from Mann's World on Vimeo.


(Justin Townes Earle)

Jason Isbell from Mann's World on Vimeo.


(Jason Isbell)


Justin Townes Earle and Jason Isbell (formerly of Drive-by Truckers) both put on fabulous performances last night at the Hideaway in Raleigh. I was able to interview Justin following his performance, and hopefully I can write up a proper story to sell to an actual magazine. But the crowd was clearly there mostly for Jason Isbell, who seems to have inherited the Truckers' obsessive fanbase. The folks I was with weren't so into the show, and so we left before he finished, which was a big mistake on my part because I found out later he closed with Thin Lizzy's "Jailbreak."

1 comment:

Tea Kettle said...

I looked forward to Isbell's solo gigs like nothing else. Missed him on the Sun Volt run, but caught him in Philly and NY on this one.

Definitely quite the worthwhile show.

I have to admit that I accidentally caught Justin Townes Earle the first time around, but made it a point to see him the second time. Dig his style as well.