Wednesday, February 27, 2008

New Megafaun .. same as the old Megafaun



OK, count this as a classic Karen Mann brain fart: I was somehow under the impression that Megafaun's new CD was, uh, new. Turns out it's a re-release of their self-released CD from last year. Brad Cook from Megafaun says: "actually....the guy at Table of the Elements wanted to release that one as is.....so no new recording.

We are working on a follow up as we speak....."

Now, the reason why I didn't do anything with this CD when Grayson first gave it to me was that, until I heard them live, Megafaun really didn't do much for me. But seeing them live left me amazed. I can now appreciate the beauty of this CD, but if you haven't seen them live, you really haven't heard them at their best.


Nevertheless, here's one of my favorite songs from the CD, "Drains".







No comments: