Saturday, March 29, 2008

Didn't see Citified, but did see Roosters and Future Islands


I went to The Pour House last night specifically to see Greensboro's Citified, but ended up missing them due to some unrelated birthday party festivities. In the process I ended up at Deep South bar which is located in the old Kulture location on Dawson Street. You can tell by the memorabilia everywhere that the folks who run it really love rock -- specifically '80s metal and classic rock. I was a little distracted, though, by the song lyrics all over the walls. From what I could tell, various folks who stopped into the bar were allowed to add their favorite lyrics. For the most part they were all fairly common lyrics, but everyone in our party was a little mystified that Stryper and Firehouse both made it up onto the wall.

Anyway, I got to the Pour House in time to see the new Roosters lineup. They have a slightly different sound too -- less dancy, more like early U2, which I guess isn't unusual considering they have so many new members. They also didn't seem to have their old energy on the earlier tunes, but got into it more toward the end.

Here are two videos from them.

A Rooster for the Masses from Mann's World on Vimeo.


Another one by A Rooster for the Masses from Mann's World on Vimeo.



After Roosters, we went over to Slim's and caught the tail end of Future Islands. Not only was the place packed, but I can honestly say I have never seen a crowd dance like that at Slim's! The floor was literally bouncing as I walked by. Check out the video from Future Islands.

Future Islands from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: