Saturday, March 08, 2008

Video and photos from Thursday night

(Jesse Malin) Thursday night I was torn between going to see Jesse Malin along with his former D-Generation bandmate Richard Bacchus at Slim's, and Team Robespierre at Downtown Events Center. The choice was between New York gutter punk at one club and New York synth-punk at another. Well, I decided to try and walk back and forth between both clubs, which basically means I walked around a lot and only saw bits and pieces of each show. I didn't catch the end-of-set collaboration between Jesse and Richard's band, but I've been told it was fabulous. Jedidiah from the blog New Raleigh was at the Team Robespierre show, and he got some nice photos. Check them out here.

Richard Bacchus & the Luckiest Girls from Mann's World on Vimeo.

Here's Richard Bacchus & the Luckiest Girls performing "Terrible Love" (Video removed) Here's the worst video I've ever shot -- Team Robespierre performing a song I don't know, in almost total darkness. Plus they tune and mess around for the first 30 seconds or so. But once the song kicks in, maybe you'll understand a little why I like them.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I missed the Malin show, but I did check out Slim's for the first time ever this weekend and was super impressed with the venue. Not a lot of room to dance, but seems like an awesome bar to throw back some beers and just hang.