Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Videos of Monotonix, Sir Arthur & Polar Bear Polar Bear

I've had two friends tell me that I steered them wrong by telling them to go see Monotonix, who put on a typical crazy show to a packed house Monday night at Pour House. Both of them told me explicitly they thought the band sucked. I guess I hadn't done a good job of explaining Monotonix to them. Monotonix isn't about good music, though their recorded output can be entertaining. Monotonix live is purely and simply about watching three Borat-looking dudes break stuff and abuse each other (and sometimes the audience). If you're not into that, you won't be into Monotonix. Here's some video of them breaking stuff and abusing each other from the other night. (VIDEO DELETED) Before Monotonix were Sir Arthur, who are quickly becoming my favorite band in the area, though I really prefer it when they wear the '70s party suits.

Sir Arthur & the Royal Knights from Mann's World on Vimeo.

Finally, Polar Bear Polar Bear opened up, and I'm really no more enlightened as to who they are than I was last week. They sound a little like Interpol, and they like to dress up in Arctic wear and play surrounded by clouds of smoke-machine smoke. I think they're off to a good start, and I'd like to hear them again, though it honestly was a little gloomier than I wanted to hear while waiting for Monotonix.

Polar Bear Polar Bear from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: