Sunday, December 07, 2008

If you hate Jingle Bell Rock as much as I do ...

You just may appreciate the Really Terrible Orchestra of the Triangle's version of "Jingle Bell Rock." Check out Matt Ehler's piece on this awesome orchestra, and especially check out the audio factbox with the story. This is one group that truly does live up to its name. Originally I titled this blog, "If you hate Christmas music as much as I do..." but then realized I actually kind of like a lot of Christmas music. Not sure what's up with me, but this year I'm actually kind of getting into the Christmas spirit, as evidenced by the TWO trees in my house. I've always had a soft spot for the old hymns, and I especially love "Silver Bells," and the Burl Ives song "Silver and Gold." But, man, do I hate "Jingle Bell Rock" (not too fond of "Santa Baby" either). It may actually be on my list of the top five songs I hate of all time, along with "Rikki Don't Lose that Number" and anything by the Grateful Dead. The Really Terrible Orchestra's version of that song is the only one that has ever made me happy.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

THat Matt Ehlers link goes to the puppy cam...

Karen A. Mann said...

OK, I can no longer deny that I am obsessed with the puppies! It's fixed now!

FireInTheSun said...

Thanks, Karen. Speaking of Christmas songs, have you heard this unlikely pairing for a new Christmas classic? http://www.shockhound.com/features/223

Karen A. Mann said...

That does look like an interesting pairing, but I couldn't get the .mp3 to play.

Anonymous said...

Ooh I know what songs to sing to you know!
mwahahahh