Friday, March 13, 2009

Return of Red Fang and Early Man

Wednesday was Old School night at the Pour House, with a bunch of folks coming out to see Portland's Red Fang, which includes former Raleighites David Sullivan and John Sherman. Last time they were around, they opened for The Fucking Champs, and really kind of blew them away. Evidently they're now bigger than I realized because on Wednesday, Early Man, with whom they're on tour, opened for them. Not sure if that was just for Raleigh (it being a half-hometown and all) or if it's like that for the entire tour. Regardless, they again blew everyone away.
Red Fang from Mann's World on Vimeo.I never saw Early Man as a duo, but I have to say I like how they sound as a quartet more than what I've heard on their record. If you listen closely at the beginning of this video, you can hear a smitten Ms. P say, "Make sure you get a shot of the drummer."
Early Man from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: