Tuesday, July 14, 2009

I hope you weren't expecting video from Joan Jett

... because it would have been shot from the above vantage point. Seriously, I was so far back in the crowd that I could barely even hear Joan Jett, much less see her. I've heard crowd estimates as high as 15,000, which is a LOT of people to crowd into Moore Square. I do know that not long after we entered the park they actually cut off attendance and prevented anyone else from coming in. Since this is probably the only Downtown Live show where I've seen the actual headliner, I have no idea if that's unusual. I will say that the crowd seemed to be well behaved -- even when a light rain started to thin everyone out -- which was a relief to me and, I'm sure, to the Raleigh PD too!(Lutie from The T's) Earlier in the day I did get to see The T's, who were just as nervous as they could be, but still put on one of the best shows of their career. 

Their set was heavy on new stuff, which I was glad to hear. The first video, below, is "How It's Done," from their CD, but the second one is a new one called "Shine On."

The T's - "How It's Done" from Mann's World on Vimeo.

The T's - "Shine On" from Mann's World on Vimeo.

I should note that after the show the band was apparently offered a spot playing at Tir na Nog that night, and yours truly tweeted that news, but for whatever reason they were told later that they were NOT playing. I still don't know the whole story on that one.

No comments: