Friday, August 07, 2009

Video from Max Indian


My friend Alex has been raving about Max Indian for a while now, and on Wednesday I finally caught a short bit of their show at the Busy Bee. Spencer Griffith's old review from the Indy describes them better than I can after such a short exposure, but I will say they made me think of The Band, and that I definitely want to see them again. They also have the best facial hair of any band around here right now. Max Indian also seems to be the buzz band of the month, which meant that the show was PACKED -- one reason why I only stayed for a few songs. More photos here.

This was also my first time seeing a show at the Busy Bee. The show was upstairs in "The Hive" area, which is essentially a big rectangular room with high ceilings and a bar right in the middle. The sound was pretty clatter-y, and the lighting can best be described as atmospheric. That's kind of what happens when a venue that wasn't originally designed to host bands starts hosting bands. I will give Busy Bee kudos for making the show free, and doing something more venues should do around here: booking one band and having the band play two sets, early and late. Max Indian apparently started at the bright and early hour of 9 p.m. (I saw them during the second set). As someone who is now supposed to be at work early each morning, I truly appreciate that.

Max Indian from Mann's World on Vimeo.

2 comments:

Jake said...

Thanks for posting this song! I've been jonesing.

Alex said...

Thanks for getting this on video and thanks for coming to check them out. I'm Audio Hijacking it as I type. I was also quite excited to hear them play a number of new songs. Next time, we need to bus some folks over from Sadlack's, just to keep the place honest.