Thursday, March 18, 2010

Yes, I went to an Irish pub on St. Patrick's Day


And it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Sure, Tir na Nog was crowded, but not the most crowded I've ever seen it (last year's Raleigh Undercover gets that distinction). And the majority of the patrons, aside from wearing some truly stupid-looking faux Irish ensembles, were well-behaved and seemed mostly interested in downing another Guinness.

So for those of you who deliberately avoided seeing I Was Totally Destroying It do their U2 set simply because of the date and the place, well, you kind of missed it. John Booker lived up to his promise and had a very respectable mullet going on. That mullet seemed to inspire him too because he truly did channel Bono - much more so than the January show where he lost his voice. Not wanting to run afoul of any copyright laws, I only got a short snippet of "11 O'Clock Tick Tock," and you can only see it by downloading it here.

If you're a U2 fan at all, you really need to check them out because, not only are they dead on, but they play a wide variety of songs, including the old stuff that I love so much.

No comments: