Tuesday, April 27, 2010

An awesome surf rock band in Asheville?

Yep. It's true. Surf Church, whom I caught by chance at the Boiler Room in Asheville after my camping trip was rained out, are the real deal. They're a Dick Dale-style instrumental reverb trio led by a pretty amazing guitarist named Mark Kuhn, who apparently is from California and still has a band out there. The band also deserves kudos for putting on an amazing show even though there were only about three paying customers (including myself and the Wiz) at the show. I hope their next show, a big surf extravaganza at the Boiler Room on May 7, is better attended because I think they deserve to be seen. I also think someone in the Triangle needs to book them soon.

Check out the video.


The Surf Church from Mann's World on Vimeo.


No comments: