Monday, March 10, 2014

Shroud Eater, Orbweaver, Irata and Bitter Resolve


 (Shroud Eater)


 (Orbweaver)


(Irata) 

(Bitter Resolve)

On Friday I checked out three bands I hadn't seen before (Shroud Eater and Orbweaver from Miami, and Irata from Greensboro), all of which prominently feature women. Personally it's really exciting for me to see women taking such a role in metal. I can also say that all three bands completely ruled. Shroud Eater, which sound like a swampier, sludgier Black Sabbath,  were my personal favorite of the night. 

Chapel Hill's own Bitter Resolve, complete with a new drummer, opened the show and debuted some great new songs. 

I shot a couple of videos on my new camera, a Canon G15. I'm still not sure what I think of this camera. The video quality is obviously better than the G9, but the audio quality is significantly worse. I ended up buying an external mic, which makes the sound listenable, but I've found syncing audio and video together to be a painful chore. Besides, my goal was to haul around LESS equipment, not more. Here's video of Bitter Resolve and Shroud Eater from the show. See more photos here



Shroud Eater from Mann's World on Vimeo.

Bitter Resolve from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: