Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Kelly Crisp's (Rosebuds) art on ebay

Repost from Kelly's Myspace bulletin:
Kelly Rosebud has donated a one of a kind hand crafted shadow box to be donated to the Merge Records charity auction on Ebay! 6 Days left to bid for two great causes (Oxfam America and TROSA). Read the Ebay discription below and follow this link to bid:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZmergerecords


5X6 inch Shadow box created and autographed by Kelly Crisp of The Rosebuds!

Description by Kelly Crisp:
New Place
The concept for this series grew out of a new place I'd imagined as a child. When I was in the second grade I became so consumed with daydreaming that I couldn't do any schoolwork. My teachers thought I should either be held back or put into special classes because my grades were so poor. I was actually just spending all day planning where I would rather live if I ran away.

I knew the story of the Boxcar Children who, after being orphaned, lived in a boxcar on the margins of town and got by on their own. So I set about making plans for my own home away from where adults had messed everything up.
This shadow box series depicts a different version of that fantasy.

All proceeds will benefit TROSA and Oxfam America. Thanks!

No comments: