Monday, January 01, 2007

Thunderlip, The Dynamite Brothers and Grappling Hook

I made up for missing Thunderlip last month by seeing them Friday, Dec. 29, at Kings. They put on a fine show, but somehow weren't as exciting as the last time I saw them. Maybe I just wasn't in the mood for it. I can't really put my finger on the reason.

Thunderlip from Mann's World on Vimeo.

Dynamite Brothers, on the other hand, blew my socks off like always. I seriously believe this is the tightest band currently performing on the local rock scene. check out their cover of Superbad.

The Dynamite Brothers from Mann's World on Vimeo.

(Sorry for the unusually jerky camera angles on this one. I was trying to insert my earplugs and record at the same time.) I only caught part of Grappling Hook, and didn't get a chance to record them. But I can tell you that they're made up of The Torch Marauder and a couple of folks from Analogue. Didn't do much for me, but, as I said, I only caught part of them. 

No comments: