Thursday, July 26, 2007

Goings-on this weekend ...

And most of it's free! Beginning tonight: Thursday: I have it on good authority that Goner are going to cover AC/DC's "Downpayment Blues" tonight at Tir na nOg. The Loners are also going to be there. No word on whether they'll be doing "Riff Raff." FREE Friday: I've never seen Needham's Neighbor, but they've been talked-up so much to me that I will be there at Sadlack's at 7 p.m. to see them. Also, The Backsliders are playing Saturday along with Nightranger (??) at Moore Square. But if you don't feel like braving that crowd, they will also be at Slim's the night before. Don't know the cover, but not likely to be more than $3. Saturday: The aforementioned Nightranger/Backsliders show at Moore Square. Actually, "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" is one of my favorite songs from the '80s, so I might try to make it out for this one. Nightranger is at 9; Backsliders at 7. Free! If you happen to be over in Chapel Hill this weekend, there are two good shows to catch: John Harrison (North Elementary) Brooklyn's Ghosts I've Met (feat.Margaret White) and Regina Hexaphone are at The Cave and The Comas (whose new album, "Spells," I'm digging) will be at Local 506 with Wembley and Great Northern. Sunday: Free show at The Pour House featuring Shotgun Romance (6pm; Super Secret Special Guests (7:30pm); Olympic Ass Kickin Team (9:30pm); Patty Hurst Shifter (11:30pm). Free!

No comments: