Friday, July 27, 2007

The T's with Richard Bacchus & the Luckiest Girls

You know, I didn't think I'd find a club in this town that has worse lighting for shooting bands than Slim's, but, lo and behold, White Collar Crime surpasses them. To be fair, WCC isn't normally a band club, it's a watering hole, and a pretty nice one at that. The bartender was very friendly, the living-room-type set-up was comfortable, and the torch-lit patio was nice and moody. Plus, their shows are free. And I know the real issue is my equipment. It's hard to believe I've been shooting shows around here for more than two years with the same little Nikon Coolpix, which doesn't even have a manual setting. Once I get my upcoming trip out of the way, I'm going to start saving up for something nicer. So, basically that's a long-winded way of saying that these pictures and movies suck. Richard Bacchus (pictured top; formerly of DGeneration) was great in a drunk-bar-rock-meets-snotty-old-school-punk kind of way. The T's (Lutie is pictured above)were just plain great. I talked to a co-worker who was there and we agreed that the only description you can give to them is "rock 'n' roll." They're not this kind of rock, or that kind of rock. They're just rock 'n' roll. More bad pics. (videos removed)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey Karen, Thank you for posting the pic vid. I agree about the crappy lighting. Even worse than Slim's laser beams to the back of the head.

-RB