Monday, July 21, 2008

"A Buzz, A Buzz" by Bombadil

First off, I want to apologize to the good folks in Bombadil because they sent me this CD months ago, and even though I've been listening to it, I'm just now getting around to writing about it. Now that things are settling down for me a bit, I plan to start reviewing CDs and including .mp3s again on the blog. That said, I'm not sure these guys NEED me to write anything about their new CD, which is very aptly titled "A Buzz, A Buzz." With write-ups in Paste and Ear Farm and a crazy touring schedule that includes this weekend's Floydfest, they're doing just fine on their own. (If you want to see them in North Carolina any time soon, they'll be at Finnegan's Wake in Winston this Friday.) Another problem: This CD is damn hard to describe. Paste mentioned international folk and mountain blues, which I guess is accurate, though I don't hear much international influence. In fact, "A Buzz, A Buzz" seems entirely homegrown in its everything-but-the-kitchen-sink winsome weirdness. "Johnny," by Bombadil 

No comments: