Thursday, July 21, 2011

Yob, Dark Castle and USX at Kings

Yob



I think I said it best on Facebook during the show: Yob blew my mind Monday at Kings. They also blew out my little Flip cam, so this video is simply for anyone who wants to take a few seconds remembering the dark, overwhelming power of the band's show. So far I've been very happy with what I've gotten from the new Nikon, but it truly isn't good for video. Instead of taking the Flip cam, which just clearly doesn't work in situations like this, I'm going to start taking the Canon G9 and the Nikon. The G9 wouldn't have gotten better video of this show, but it always did capture fairly good audio, even of super loud shows.


Yob at Kings from Mann's World on Vimeo.




A few folks remarked to me that they thought Dark Castle had improved significantly since their last show at Kings (with Nachtmystium in September). I don't think improved it the word because I thought they really good before, but they definitely put on a better show. 


U.S. Christmas were at almost full-strength, which is where I think they sound best.

No comments: