Monday, March 02, 2009

Here's why you should go to The Remedy

OK, this is only tangentially about music. The tangential part being that tonight while I was in The Remedy, I counted members of at least four bands either working or patronizing the place.

Today was the grand opening, and New Raleigh wrote about it here. That made me want to check it out too, and I wasn't disappointed. It's small, but tastefully decorated, with a full bar, and a nice selection of vegetarian and meat sandwiches. Plus, they have an all-day breakfast option. I tried the Capri sandwich, with a Chardonnay that tasted like sun-warmed honeysuckle. Barkeep Dave Justice graciously allowed me to try the other white wine options, including a vibrant Gruner Veltlinger. My companion tried the French toast with a Highland Oatmeal Porter, and though he didn't say much, he cleaned his plate, which is always a good sign. I can't wait to see how their Bloody Marys stack up against those at Slim's, Tir na Nog and The Landmark.

When we first arrived, there were only a few people in the place, but by the time we left, it was packed. I forsee great things happening for The Remedy, and lots of business, which means you need to go check it out now before the rest of downtown discovers it.

No comments: