Friday, June 10, 2005

 After waiting outside Kings for about 30 minutes last night, I was able to get inside to see Melt Banana. Here's a blurry pic. 20 second movie will come later. I missed Kolyma, but saw part of Vaz and even bought one of their CDs. While I was waiting outside, I spoke to Badger, who said he would send me some info on playing .flac files on Windows. This is in reference to my continued frustration at not being able to hear the bootleg of the Mars Volta Atlanta show. It took me 3 days to download it (really), and now I can't play it -- even in Winamp. The whole experience has just strengthened my opinion that bit torrent sucks. EDIT: Here's the link to the Melt Banana movie. BE WARNED: I uploaded it as a Quicktime movie so it takes a loooooooooong time to download. In fact, it takes longer to download than it does to watch it -- it's only 20 seconds long.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There appear to be several .flac plugins for winamp. This one features media library integration, which seems like a nice feature:
http://www.winamp.com/plugins/details.php?id=143614

Anonymous said...

Hello, I promised to follow up on this. After a few minutes poking around on the Web, I found this saga of this other Windows-based person's experience with bittorrent. Try going through what he did, you should find something that works.

You might want to look at the converter app he links to that'll convert the flac to wav, if nothing else ends up working for you.

link to his blogpost here