Sunday, October 30, 2005

Amazingly, I'm feeling pretty good this morning, following last night's costume revelry at Kings. Actually, my arms are so sore I can hardly move, but I think that has more to do mowing the grass yesterday for the first time in six weeks than it does with anything that happened at the show. Japanese band DMBQ and Raleigh's The Greatest Hits played. I have to say, I don't think any band in this area has grown on me as much as The Greatest Hits. I really didn't like them at first, but they've become one of my favorites. DMBQ was ear-splitting psychedelic metal. The guitar player secured a place in my heart by playing with a violin bow. As for our costumes, jessica went as the typical '70s tough girl stoner chick who always sat in the back of the class and played with her roach clips. We decided her name was Tonya. I had made a vow that I wasn't going to dress up, but while we were out at American Way, I found a hideous pair of leopard print cotton spandex pant and realized that all I had to do was dig out my old Krokus T-shirt to have the perfect costume. We listened to Def Leppard on the way over to Steve and Jeff's house and decided my name was going to be Lady Strange. I'd like to thank the rockabilly dude who took our picture while we shopped for beer and snacks at the Kangaroo.

No comments: