Saturday, December 10, 2005

My Tiny Mix Tapes Top 25

Here's what I sent to them:


A note about my Top 25: I live in Raleigh, N.C., which is home to a large number of great bands. I wrestled with whether or not to put some of these bands on my Top 25 list because I knew many of them would be unknown outside of my area. Ultimately I decided I had to because these bands made up a good deal of my listening this year. Plus, if anyone sees this list and decides to check them out, it will be worth it.

I can't write more than two 200-word blurbs for the year end issue. If possible, i would like for one of them to be The Mars Volta's Frances the Mute.

25. The Mars Volta - Scabdates
24. Franz Ferdinand - You Could Have It So Much Better
23. Devendra Banhardt - Cripple Crow
22. Sigur Ros - Takk
21. Jaga Jazzist - What We Must
20. The Greatest Hits - The Greatest Hits
19. Lady Sovereign - Vertically Challenged
18. Little Brother - The Minstrel Show
17. The Cherry Valence - TCV3
16. Hot Hot Heat - Elevator
15. DMBQ - Essential Sounds from the Far East
14. The Decemberists - Picaresque
13. Drunk Horse - In Tongues
12. Black Rebel Motorcycle Club - Howl
11. Sean Paul - The Trinity
10. Lightning Bolt - Hypermagic Mountain
09. Tiger Bear Wolf - Tiger Bear Wolf
08. The Black Taj - The Black Taj (I'm interested in writing about this one)
07. Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Naturally
06. M.I.A. - Arular
05. Various Artists - The Bloc Party Remixed
04. The Rosebuds - Birds Make Good Neighbors
03. Damian Marley - Welcome to Jamrock (I'm interested in writing about this one)
02. The Mars Volta - Frances the Mute (I'm REALLY interested in writing about this one)
01. The Bloc Party - Silent Alarm

I'd also like to add a big thanks to Shannon, whose own Top 25 (and more) list was a real inspiration for me.

1 comment:

brendalove@gmail.com said...

Some of these I have, some I have never heard of! But I have a list of things to hear now.