Monday, August 28, 2006

Roman Candle and The Whigs, Friday, Aug. 25 at Cat's Cradle


Finally got to see Roman Candle (Myspace), who put on a great show Friday at Cat's Cradle (yes, I actually made it out of Raleigh for one night!). I interviewed them for Tiny Mix Tapes, and they were all super nice. Got some fairly good footage and some OK pics.

Roman Candle - "Something Left to Say" from Mann's World on Vimeo.


"Something Left to Say"




The biggest surprise of the evening was The Whigs (Myspace), an Athens band who absolutely blew me away. I found out later that they were a Rolling Stone band to watch, and while I usually don't put much stock in such accolades, this time the mag is right on the money. I truly regret not buying their CD while I was at the show.

The Whigs from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: