Saturday, March 17, 2007

Odds and ends



It's been a crazy couple of weeks for me, but I did manage to see a couple of shows. The first was by a pretty good band called the Crap Rock All-Stars, about whom I know nothing, except that they're from Greensboro. They were at Slim's on Friday, March 9.

Here's their video:

Crap Rock All-Stars from Mann's World on Vimeo.



Last night I checked out the awesome Unknown Hinson at The Hideaway. I didn't know much about him either, but a co-worker raved so much about him I thought I'd check him out. I'm glad I did. This show also reinforced my opinion that the Hideaway is currently the best place in Raleigh to see a show. It's roomy, the sound is good, they've got a good beer selection, and if you get hungry during the show you can get a nice plate of ribs. And usually the shows start a little early, which actually wasn't so good for me last night because I'm still on Raleigh hipster time and missed part of the show. Here's Unknown Hinson's video:

(Video removed)

No comments: