Sunday, December 16, 2007

The T's, Birds of Avalon and Grass Widow

Last night I went down to the Downtown Events Center, which used to be Raleigh Music Hall, and several other clubs, to see Birds of Avalon, Grass Widow and The T's. I'm not sure what's up with that place these days. I really don't know if it's an actual club, or if it's just available for rentals. It seems like I always hear about shows happening there AFTER they happen. The T's played a new song, which I got on video. I know everyone is tired of hearing me praise them, but I am really looking forward to their upcoming CD. Here's the video.

The T's from Mann's World on Vimeo.

Next up were Grass Widow, who, I believe, were playing their second show. I didn't like them at first, but during their set their fuzzy, jangly blues rock actually really grew on me. I didn't get much of them because the batteries in my camera were exhausted. One of my New Year's resolutions will be to adequately charge my batteries before heading to a show. I didn't stick around for all of Birds of Avalon, but what I heard sounded awesome as per usual, and I really liked their winter wonderland set. Finally, I'd like to say thanks to DJ Castro for playing several of my all-time favorite songs in between sets, including Johnny the Fox and Saturday Night Special.

No comments: