Monday, May 12, 2008

Videos from Polvo!

I decided for the Polvo reunion show at the Cradle that I would stand back on one of the risers so I could get a clear shot of the band. Bad idea. You can't see much in the videos, but at least you get to hear their first song, which Steve Popson tells me is something new they've been working on, which, as of yet, doesn't have a name. Here it is:

Polvo, new song from Mann's World on Vimeo.

As for the second video I shot, I honestly don't know which song this is. I'm not sure if it's something that's been re-worked, or if it's something from a single or record I don't have. Someone please enlighten me. UPDATE: Thanks to Ross for telling me that this is Fast Canoe off of Exploded Drawing.

Another one by Polvo, "Fast Canoe" from Mann's World on Vimeo.

The show itself sounded great. Brian Quast is a very powerful drummer, and everyone I spoke with commented on how much heavier the band sounded with him. It was good to see all the old gang from Greensboro, who commandeered the riser right behind the one I was on and held their own little greensboronet party.

No comments: