Thursday, October 23, 2008

Video from last night's Rosebuds show

Yes, Slim's was packed for last night's last-minute Rosebuds show, though not as packed as I assumed it would be. Since I haven't heard the new CD, I can't tell you what new songs they played. I was in the back of the club for most of the show because I just can't stand being in a crush of people in a small club. I did manage to get up front to capture "Get Up, Get Out," and as you can see from the video, I was practically onstage with the band. In fact, I was worried a couple of times that the bass player was going to accidentally whack me with his headstock! My favorite part of this video is when Kelly goes out into the crowd. I'm not sure who I like more: The dude with the amazing stache in the front row, or the dude with the cigarette hanging out of his mouth just clapping away to the song.

The Rosebuds, "Get Up Get Out" from Mann's World on Vimeo.

The show didn't start getting crowded until after opening band The Shame Club (from St. Louis) played, which actually IS a shame because they were great -- though probably not exactly what many Rosebuds fans would have been into. Ricky Bacchus compared them to BTO, with a bit of Queen thrown in. I thought they sounded a lot like the Hellacopters, which is one of my all-time favorite bands. I hope they swing back through here again.

Shame Club from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: