Friday, June 19, 2009

Catching up with Gray Young and Citified

(Gray Young) I could have sworn that I had never seen Gray Young, but yesterday when I was updating a few videos (a process that should be completely done soon!) I found an old video I shot of them at the Troika Festival in Nov. 2007. I guess they didn't make much of an impression on me back then because I didn't say much about them. Regardless, last night I was VERY impressed, so much so that I bought their CD and have been listening to it all day. Reminds me of a Ride and Block Party, if either band were mostly instrumental.

Gray Young from Mann's World on Vimeo.

(Citified) The headliner for the evening was Greensboro's Citified, who are quite the buzz band these days. I shot video for "Secret Knock," which is my favorite song by them.

Citified - "Secret Knock" from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: