Saturday, June 06, 2009

Videos of Richard Bacchus & the Ghost of Saturday Nite


(Ghost of Saturday Nite)
After telling everyone to go see Righteous Fool, and interviewing Mike Dean for New Raleigh, I ended up not seeing the band because I'd forgotten I had a 7:15 a.m. appointment the next morning. Earlier in the evening I thought I actually would get a chance to see them, because someone in the know insisted that the first band would be playing at 9 sharp. Turns out that person was just plain wrong. So, I saw The Ghost of Saturday Nite and Richard Bacchus & the Luckiest Girls, but not the band I came to see. But the folks who were there (and the show was strangely undercrowded) that I had MISSED IT, and the show was amazing. Damn.


At least I got to ride in the "I Gotcha" cab, which has been prowling the streets of downtown for a few months now. If you haven't seen it, and I hadn't until that night, it's a macked-out mini van with lights, comfy bench seating, and bongos, cowbells and tambourines for passengers to play. The driver blasts classic rock like Kansas and Styx and sings along loudly, and very out of tune, over a loud speaker. Look for him tonight at 2:30 when it's time to make your way home and you know you shouldn't drive.

Ghost of Saturday Nite from Mann's World on Vimeo.


(Ghost of Saturday Nite)

Richard Bacchus & the Luckiest Girls from Mann's World on Vimeo.


(Richard Bacchus & the Luckiest Girls)


See more photos of Richard Bacchus & the Luckiest Girls and Ghost of Saturday Nite.

No comments: