Thursday, July 16, 2009

This week's cool shows: Righteous Fool, Pipe and Hopeline Benefit!

If you're in Raleigh tomorrow night, you have at least two great shows to choose from. First off is Righteous Fool with Black Skies at Dive Bar. Righteous Fool, you'll remember, is the new trio with former COC members Reed Mullin and Mike Dean. I had to miss them when they played The Pour House last month, and had to hear everyone who was there tell me what a great show I missed out on. Since I don't have to be up early Saturday morning, this is most likely where I'll be. Black Skies, of course, is always great. If your tastes run more toward pop-punk and indie-Americana, you really need to be at the Hopeline Benefit at Tir na Nog, which will feature Lonnie Walker, I Was Totally Destroying It, Hammer No More the Fingers and more. It's only $5, and it's for a very good cause. I'm actually going to try and make this show too. Not sure how that's going to happen, but I'm going to try.(Pipe) If you are in Chapel Hill, or remember the Chapel Hill scene of the 1990s, you absolutely MUST be at The Cave, for the reunion of Pipe. They're also playing next week at xxMerge. Normally I would be at this show, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen, so I'm hoping that they will continue to play together.

No comments: