Monday, August 24, 2009

Quick notes before rushing out of town


I'm going to Montreal this week, and I have no idea what rock clubs I should go to, or what bands I should see. Any suggestions? I'm open to them all.

Now a note about last weekend. Caught Caltrop and Decoration Ghost at Slim's. Grappling Hook opened, but I didn't get there in time to catch them. Caltrop rocked as always, but since I've documented them many times, I decided to just enjoy them and record Greensboro's Decoration Ghost. They remind me a lot of Archers of Loaf with a little U2 thrown in.

Decoration Ghost from Mann's World on Vimeo.



Now, on to this weekend: Lots of great shows (check the calendar below), but two that you absolutely need to know about are the Music for Fences benefit with Superchunk at Durham Central Park and the Hear Here Compilation release party at Cat's Cradle, both on Saturday. The Music for Fences benefit begins at 4 p.m., so you might actually be able to do both, and I would encourage you to do so. Also, look for my interview with Amanda Arrington from the Coalition to Unchain Dogs tomorrow on New Raleigh and learn why chaining dogs is a really terrible thing.

No comments: