Saturday, May 29, 2010

Videos from Spider Bags and Whatever Brains

This is going to be a quick one because I'm trying to get on the road to Morehead for the weekend. Planning to see Old Habits at Chef's 105 while I'm down there.

Anyway, Thursday was my second time seeing Spider Bags, and I liked them just as much as the first time (earlier this year at the Double Barrel Benefit). Guitarist/vocalist Dan McGee, who let me interview him earlier this week, graciously gave me a copy of the band's album "Goodbye Cruel World, Hello Crueller World", which I appreciated because I lost a lot of my music when my PC died.


Spider Bags from Mann's World on Vimeo.





Garage punks Whatever Brains opened the show, which kind of surprised me because I thought they were the better-known band. I'm actually pretty neutral about Whatever Brains. I don't really go out of my way to see them, but when I do, I usually like what they're doing, which was the case on Thursday.


Whatever Brains from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: