Tuesday, January 10, 2012

This week's cool shows: O C O A I, Hog, Monoslang and more!


I have a short Hearing Aid piece on O C O A I and Generation of Vipers (Saturday at Dive Bar) scheduled to run in tomorrow's Independent Weekly, so I'll let you read what I had to say about this show there. I'll just sum up my thoughts like so: It's gonna rock and you should go. 

I also have a short "Introducing ..." piece on Church of Wolves, but I actually had the privilege of seeing COW one more time after writing that piece. I have to say, I am very impressed with how good these guys are after only a few shows. They'll be with Hog and Orthrus (Virginia black metal) on Tuesday at Nightlight. 

Also on Saturday, Monoslang will hold their EP-release party with Minor Stars and No Eyes at Kings. You can hear the latest from the new EP below.



ALSO THIS WEEK
Saturday: Rat Jackson, Spiderbags and Red Collar at Local 506
Sunday: 3 p.m. early show with Vile Discourse presents: Curmudgeon, Torch Runner, Mad Dog, Pure Scum, Abuse at Kings




UPCOMING

A partial lineup was released today for this year's 2nd Annual Bull City Metal Fest, Feb. 3 an 4 at the Casbah, and it looks like a good one. Here's the announcement from the Casbah:

Tickets are now on sale for the 2nd annual BULL CITY METAL FEST, Durham's premiere 2-day eclectic heavy music festival to be held at Casbah Durham on Feb 3 and 4. Headlining the festival this year is Black Tusk. Other bands include The Body, Braveyoung, Hog, Bitter Resolve, Shadow of the Destroyer, Make, Widow, Gross Reality, Church of Wolves, Ruscha, Dark Sea Dream, Knives and more to be announced. Tickets (on sale now at www.casbahdurham.com) are $10 for Friday, $15 for Saturday, or $20 for a 2-day festival pass.


The lineup for this year's Double Barrel Benefit, at the Pour House, also on Feb. 3 and 4, will be announced  this Friday, Jan. 13, on WKNC during the local lunch.



No comments: