Sunday, January 08, 2012

Whores. and Church of Wolves at Dive Bar
















Here are a few photos and video from the Whores. show, Friday at Dive Bar. I hadn't seen them live before, but I really like their just-released Brutal Panda album, Ruiner. I didn't expect to get three songs on the video, but they kept playing, and I kept recording. This video really doesn't do drummer Travis Owens' powerful and totally insane playing justice. Throughout each song he was twirling drum sticks and at one point bouncing them off the ground.  Unfortunately you can barely hear the vocals in this video. 







Durham's Church of Wolves opened up. It was only the second time I've seen them (and only their second show), and they sounded great. They'll be with Hog and Orthrus at Nightlight on Jan. 17. See more photos.

No comments: