Saturday, June 27, 2015

Photos and video: Connoisseur, Celeste and Primitive Man

 Connoisseur














 Celeste



 Primitive Man






On Thursday (June 25) I checked out Primitive Man with French post-metalers Celeste, Oakland weed avengers Connoisseur at the Maywood. Locals Priapus opened, but were mostly done by the time I arrived. Of the bands I saw, Connoisseur easily made the biggest impression on me. These are some hilarious, weed-loving dudes. Every song was about smoking weed, buying weed, not having weed, and friends who will help you out by giving you weed. My personal favorite was the anti-GMO, anti-corporate weed rant below.


Connoisseur from Mann's World on Vimeo.

As for Celeste, I wasn't sure what to think when they started off with a fog machine. A fog machine in a small club is NOT A GOOD THING as far as I'm concerned. But then they all turned on red headlamps and this happened. My iPhone couldn't quite handle it, so there's only 11 seconds, but you get the picture. Good stuff. I recommend you see them if you can.


Celeste from Mann's World on Vimeo.




No comments: