Saturday, June 28, 2008

A fun, then weird night in downtown Raleigh

First things first, someone followed me as I drove home from downtown last night. I had the good sense not to drive home, but what I should have done was call 911. If you know me on myspace, the details are there. Just be careful when you're walking or driving down there late at night. Now, on to the fun part of the evening. The Suburban Sweethearts (pictured above) totally rocked Slim's last night. My understanding is that the most recent indy compared them to The James Gang and Foghat. I don't hear that at all. Instead I hear a whole lot of MC5 with some Flamin' Groovies thrown in. Check out the video from the show.

Suburban Sweethearts from Mann's World on Vimeo.

Opening band The Booze, from Atlanta, was an awesome, tight homage to the Nuggets box set, and they're all snappy dressers too. Check out the video for "Hey Amy."

The Booze from Mann's World on Vimeo.

More photos here.

No comments: