Saturday, May 21, 2011

Volture and Twisted Tower Dire at Kings




Since I'm old enough to remember the original NWOBHM movement, I really appreciate the fact that this style of metal is getting renewed attention. I checked out Richmond's Volture when their album "Shocking its Prey" came out, and while I liked them, I didn't really love them. But last night at Kings they totally sold me with their high-energy live show. Can't wait to see them again.



Volture - "The Horde" from Mann's World on Vimeo.

I had a few technical difficulties last night. First off, I forgot my camera battery, and had to run back home, thus missing most of Twisted Tower Dire. Once I got back, I had various troubles just getting the camera to function, which is why this video starts after the band had begun playing. Unfortunately, since I was up front, you don't hear exactly how powerful vocalist Brent Hubbard's voice is.


As I said, I ended up missing most of Twisted Tower Dire, which was a shame because I hadn't seen them in a while. Also looking forward to seeing them again soon.


Twisted Tower Dire from Mann's World on Vimeo.

No comments: