Sunday, January 10, 2010

Raleigh Undercover night 3 recap



What an awesome weekend for local music! Despite a sold-out show two doors down (or maybe because of it) Raleigh Undercover was a huge, jam-packed success.

I didn't catch the Friday show, but heard great things about Bright Young Things rendition of Bowie. I also didn't see Dirty Little Heaters as The Doors (too early for me) and Hearts & Daggers as CCR (too late) during last night's show. But I liked what I saw in between, especially Static Minds' killer version of Black Sabbath. I didn't record it, but I've already seen video floating around Facebook this morning, so be on the lookout for it.


Left Outlet did an excellent version of Nick Cave, and The Whalewatchers had everyone singing along to the Doobie Brothers. Jeff Hart of course did a fine job with the Kinks (he has a Kinks tribute band), even if he did pick an obscure set list. Several people kept asking me who the band was, and I admit, I didn't even realize it until about the third song.

No comments: